Have you ever seen the Arch in St. Louis Missouri? It really is amazing and has a great story about how it was made. You can even go inside and ride to the top...if that's your kinda thing! The Gateway Arch is undergoing renovations to become an even better area for visitors to enjoy. It will be completed in spring and will include a new visitors center, riverboats, a museum and improved green space, bike paths and walkways. Come check it out if you get the chance! Okay so not too many of Meatball's adventures but fun family memories! As always I try to leave links to the places we visit so you can check out their websites for more info. My favorite thing about St. Louis is that it is very kid friendly and Forest Park is a great place for riding bikes, having picnics and so much more. Most restaurants were dog friendly on their patio and Meatball had a great time playing in Forest Park. We stayed at St. Louis RV park which is mostly just a parking lot with a nice pool and clubhouse but the location is perfect for doing all the fun St. Louis downtown activities. (We also stayed one night at the Casino Queen RV park which surprisingly had great amenities and had the best views of the Arch.)
Kid friendly things to do in St. Louis (not necessarily pet friendly):
- Zoo, free admission,pay for parking or free parking along streets
- Science Museum, free unless you buy snacks/souvenirs/Imax, pay parking or park along streets
- City Museum, not really a museum but a huge play, crawl, ride and let energy out-fun place
- MO Botanical Garden, pay a little extra to go to children's area-it's worth it
- The Magic House- 10$ a person,maybe for younger kids, indoor play fun in an old historic house
- Forest Park- ride bikes, play in fountains, feed ducks, paddle boats, picnic,
- City Park- free,meter parking, outdoor splash park and fountains, bring water shoes, drink/snacks
- History Museum,take them to the Kids Clubhouse- Free, kids area is hands on, right amount to keep their attention
- Lots of fun restaurants such as Fitz soda company and Baileys Range, best pizza-Pie pizza, lots of great coffee shops(known for their Kaldi's Coffee) and try their gooey butter cake (famous in St. Louis) and frozen custard!
Just hanging out at Forest Park! Meatball is one cool dude…
(and I can't believe they are pink sunglasses!)
|On the look out for squirrels and birds to chase!|
Penguins and gorilla's are some of the best to see at the St. Louis zoo. The sting ray cove is our favorite and if you get to the zoo within the first hour it's open you get in the stingray and children's area for free.
We went to the Missouri Botanical Garden which was really beautiful, lots of walking so bring water. Pay a little extra for the children's area. It has a splash park and jungle like playground areas to keep kiddos entertained for hours.
Meatball enjoyed walking around downtown St. Louis
and got a little wet in the splash park at City Park.
After a hot day we cooled off with the BEST frozen custard ever! This is Ted Drewes Frozen Custard and it's been around since 1941. This place was super busy and popular but they have fast service. There's limited seating but people sit around the building, across the street on benches, in their truck beds and some bring their own lawn chairs. They have a lot of great flavors you can get in a sundae,shake,malt, float or concrete.
Meatball thinks it tastes pretty great!
Of course we made a few coffee stops in St. Louis such as Kaldi's coffee in Clayton, Kayak's Coffee and Park Avenue. Park Avenue coffee is locally owned and located in a historic area-Lafayette Square. It was featured on food network just recently too. They have a gorgeous patio with comfortable seating. This place has a ton of different flavors of gooey butter cake to pair with that perfect latte. My favorite was the red velvet ...or maybe the chocolate turtle gooey butter cake!
|Notice the gooey butter cake is already gone!|
|Meatball shopping and checking out the toys|
|Check out this doggy spa! Fancy!|
Ready to head home! This is how they travel in the back seat(at least for a little while), pretty comfy (both are spoiled kids)!