About Me

My photo
Hello! I'm a first time boston terrier owner and our little Meatball will be going on lots of fun adventures with this active family! I'm a teacher, wife, and mother of a smartie pants little girl. I love working out, taking pictures, reading, scrapbooking, crafting, trying out new restaurants and exploring the outdoors with my family. I'm in love with Meatball and love making memories with him. I hope to learn more about Boston terriers and interesting places to connect with other fun loving people.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Museum Adventure

Meatball's day at the museum…well on the lawn anyway! The Nelson-Atkins Museum has a lawn that is open for anyone to come play and picnic. (click on the link to find out more!)I was surprised as to all the people that came out to enjoy the beautiful day! I love people watching and this was the place to be. I saw a man propose to his girlfriend (his friend popped out of the bushes to take their picture!) and a couple doing some unique Yoga moves while balancing on each other. There were lots of dogs, kids, kites, balls, tourists and artists. We saw a picnic birthday party and a couple who were expecting having a gender reveal photo session. 


Nelson-Atkins lawn, a great view of the city, in a few months the grass will be lush & green! 

Of course The Nelson Atkins is a great place inside as well with activities for kids and more than 35,000 works of art. Established in 1933 the museum has added on to the original building. Something interesting I didn't know is that it gets its name from the original founder of the Kansas City Star, William Rockhill Nelson and a teacher Mary Atkins who both left their money and estates for art education and a museum for the people of Kansas City when they passed away. It was voted best museum in the U.S. by Yelp so stop by when you are in the area! 


Theis Park right next to the museum lawn



No comments:

Post a Comment